Back to Top

What if I don't want to Mediate?

Unless you are court ordered into mediation or  the terms of the contract you signed require it before litigation ( a very common clause in  contracts today) you do not have to attend mediation. However, in all domestic relations cases involving children, under the Nebraska Parenting Act, you and your spouse/father/mother of your child must enter into a parenting plan. If the parties and their attorneys can’t negotiate a parenting plan, you must go to mediation with a court certified parenting act mediator.

There are special provisions for parenting plan mediations when there is domestic violence involved.